Funky House Finesse is a new programme of mixes produced by myself, One Phat DJ, with the same intention of promoting the finest in funky house music.
Each 90 minute show will highlight the latest funky house music doing the rounds of the club scene, tunes that you may hear from industry leaders like Hed Kandi, Fierce Angels, Defected and Ministry of Sound as well as the smaller independent labels, plus exclusive white label and bootleg tracks from upcoming producers.
You may be thinking “This sounds remarkably like the podcast, what’s different?” – well here’s the catch…
Each show will only be available for download for one month!
At the end of the month, the mix will be taken offline and you won’t be able to download it after that. The reason for this is to ensure only the hottest music of the moment is available for download at any one time.
There are also plans to broadcast each show on selected internet radio stations – more details of this will be posted later.
So, without further ado, I present the first in the series of Funky House Finesse.
(Download links removed)
Let me know what you think of the new format by leaving a comment below. All your input is welcomed.
If you’re interested in broadcasting the show on your radio station, please email [email protected] with some details.
Finally, if you enjoy any of the music featured in the show, please support the artist by purchasing the track. All the tunes that can be purchased online are linked to in the track listing so you have no excuse.
- Mobin Master ft Robin S – Show Me Love (Hot Rats Remix)
- Evolve ft Margo Reymundo – The Way Back (Random Soul Mix)
- Danny Clark, Jay Benham & Michelle Weeks – Hold On (Classic Vocal Mix)
- Ronnie Maze ft Deremius – Love The Music (Funkellers Love Remix)
- DJ Dealer ft Lisa Millett – Cool Lovin’ (Ralf Gum Classic Vocal)
- Quentin Harris ft Jason Walker – Can’t Stop (Joey Negro Remix Edit)
- Chanel – If You Love Me (Disco Lips Mix)
- Solange – Sandcastle Disco (Freemasons Club Mix)
- Doman and Gooding ft Lincoln – Runnin’ (Main Mix)
- Solitaire ft Shena – Fantasy (Club Mix)
- Freemasons ft Hazel Fernandes – If (Freemasons 2008 Re-Rub)
- DJ Bradd & Pepper Mashay ft Salsoul Nugget – Heaven (Fed Konti Mix)
- Dave Lambert & Sir G ft Terri B – Holding Out 4 Love (Original Extended)
- Eddie Amador ft Pepper Mashay – Release Yourself (Eddie Amador’s Club Mix)
- Treasure Fingers vs Soulsearcher – Can’t Get Enough Of The Dancefloor (Jay Santi Bootleg)
- Dr Kucho – Groovers Delight (Original Mix)
Some may have seen this coming, others probably wanted it to happen but didn’t expect it. But it’s Christmas so who am I to disappoint?
Due to such high demand, I’ve dusted off the old mixing gear and thrown together the very last mix for the One Phat DJ Podcast. Call it an early Christmas present for all those new iPods that will be appearing under the tree.
One Phat DJ has made one last return in his final ever podcast mix – Encore.
Packed full of the some of the biggest house tracks from the last quarter of 2008, you won’t be disappointed with the quality of tunes in this mix. With the likes of The Shapeshifters, ATFC, No Halo, Future Funk, Haji & Emanuel, Wawa & Herd and Hoxton Whores thrown in, it’s almost a mini “best of 2008”.
Richard Earnshaw has been a busy man this year, putting his final touch to numerous floorfillers – the fact he has three remixes in a row at the start of the mix indicates just how impressive his work has been. No doubt we’ll be hearing more from Mr Earnshaw in 2009.
You’re also treated to some new material from a couple of local West Midlands ladies in the middle of the mix, firstly from the lovely Beverley Knight whose teamed up with Seamus Haji and Bryan Chambers in the brilliant “The Pressure“, then a funky number from new Birmingham label Nightingale Global Records with Pimp + Jam‘s “Feelin’ U Feelin’ Me” which features the vocals of Norma Lewis.
There are also some classics (and all time One Phat DJ favourites) revisited towards the end of the mix in ATFC‘s 2008 remix of his classic collaboration with Lisa Millet “Bad Habit” and The Shapeshifters injecting a touch of electro into their 2003 hit “Lola’s Theme“.
The whole package is wrapped up with a cheeky bootleg from Hoxton Whores who’ve mashed up Eric Prydz‘s “Pjanoo” with the vocals from “Fusion“. This track has had massive support from the Hed Kandi circuit and I must admit – I actually prefer it to the original Pjanoo track. What better way to finish off the year?
So what are you waiting for?
- Doug Willis – Shake
- Louie Vega & Jay ‘Sinister’ Sealee ft Julie McKnight – Diamond Life (Richard Earnshaw Remix)
- No Halo – Put Your Hands On (Richard Earnshaw Mix)
Hed Kandi Records
- Beatz Kinetic – Push The Fader (Earnshaw & Jones Remix)
- Future Funk – Wildberry Tracks 2008 (Leo Cuenca Vocal Mix)
- Knights Of The Round Tables – Grooved Me (Dirty Disco Mix)
Room Control Records
- Loveless ft Amanda Wilson – Found A Miracle (Simmons & Christopher Club Mix)
- Haji & Emanuel ft Bryan Chambers & Beverly Knight – The Pressure (Original Mix)
- Pimp + Jam ft Norma Lewis – Feel U Feelin Me (Hustler DJs Club Mix)
Nightingale Global Recordings
- Wawa & Herd ft Amanda Wilson – The Right Way 2008 (Chris Ortega Funky Mix)
- Redroche – Give U More (Original Mix)
- The Shapeshifters – Lola’s Theme (2008 Re-edit)
- ATFC ft Lisa Millett – Bad Habit (ATFC’s Lektrotek Re-Visit)
- Hoxton Whores vs Pryda – Fusion vs Pjanoo (Hoxton Whores Bootleg)